I paid a visit to the Canada Science and Technology Museum in late August. This is one of several national museums in the National Capital Region, and is out in the Gloucester area. It is run by Ingenium, a Crown organization set up by the government, and the Canada Aviation and Space Museum and the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum also fall under the organization. It's been several years since I've paid a visit.
This large lighthouse stands on the grounds.
As does this big locomotive.
And then there is this.
I continued towards the Museum. The building at left is the Ingenium Centre, which houses the Museum's archives, labs, vaults, and workshops.
Here we have the main entrance.
One of the first things you see inside is this big steam engine in the adjacent display area.
The Museum is divided up into quadrants, and in between is Artifact Alley, a good spot to begin a visit, with display cases organized thematically, such as this one focused around winter equipment.
This display case looks at the brand of Canada itself.
Canoes old and new are overhead.














I love the canoes in the last photo.
ReplyDeleteMe too.
DeleteScience and technology museums are always fascinating!
ReplyDeleteIndeed.
DeleteVery interesting place, is that an oil burning Loco, the tender on the back looks like an oil tank
ReplyDeleteI would assume so.
DeleteGreat photos, love the train and lighthouse. Take care, have a great day!
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteA museum I have not visited. Now that my daughter has moved out of Ottawa I don’t get to the city any more.
ReplyDeleteWell worth the visit.
DeleteThat seems like a very interesting museum. The entrance alone is worth a visit.
ReplyDeleteIt's a good museum.
Delete...how technology has changed.
ReplyDeleteTrue.
DeleteLooking forward to more, William.
ReplyDeleteLots more to come.
DeleteLooks like an intetesting place. I really lije the exteriour views.
ReplyDeleteIt is well put together.
DeleteI would find this fascinating place to visit.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the visit.
DeleteLovely place ~ favorite are the old fashioned trains ~ thanks ~ Hugs ^_^
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome.
DeleteIt is always fun to see the technology of the past. Light Houses have been replaced by GPS, and that wonderful "Big Boy" locomotive has been replaced by diesel locomotives. That Big Boy steam engine produced a huge amount of torque to pull heavy trains over mountains.
ReplyDeleteThere are some locomotives inside the Museum that are popular with visitors.
DeleteAwesome canoes!
ReplyDeleteThey are.
DeleteTruly Amazing place. Loved the post.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
Delete