Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Hexoskin

 Wearable technology also applies to animals- in this case dog search and rescue equipment. Dogs are essential in mountainous terrain search and rescue, and the gear here includes boots, goggles, ear mufflers, and a vest, all meant to protect the dog while they're doing their work, as well as make them more visible to their human colleagues.


The Newtsuit is a rigid deep sea diving suit, enabling divers to go deeper than scuba divers can go.


Wearable cameras, as well as ways to disguise cameras- the latter being the way of the intelligence officer.


Erica Wiebe won gold in wrestling at the Rio Olympics in 2016. Her competitive uniform and training uniform are seen here.


The training uniform includes biometric technology, monitoring heart rate and breathing, and collecting that data. The technology is called Hexoskin.


Here we have the smart parka, a new take on an old coat meant to keep your devices dry and warm through a cold Canadian winter.


And here we have a selection of watches, from the 1940s to the current day.

8 comments:

  1. Remarkable, the equipment of that rescue dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting exhibit! Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I find the dog's gear interesting, something I never knew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I need a smart parka, but I found the rescue dog gear very interesting. Dogs do have some amazing ability, and it is good to have protective gear for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selections of wearables ~ great rescuse dog attire ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying this exhibition, Amazing. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete