Sunday, September 27, 2026

The Supreme Court

 One day earlier this month I stopped by the Supreme Court of Canada to photograph around the grounds.


A statue of Prime Minister Louis St. Laurent is placed here, looking east towards Parliament Hill. It is a deliberate placement- had he not gone into politics, this brilliant lawyer might have ended up a member of the Court.


The building is in the Art Deco style, lying to the west of the Parliamentary precinct.


Two statues out front are allegorical in nature, by Walter Allward.


I noticed a groundhog.


Out back, views of the Ottawa River.


11 comments:

  1. So beautiful William...Happy Sunday, Andreja!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of the statues and the view around the Supreme Court,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos , I like the statues. Happy Sunday, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I'm assuming that your supreme court is better than ours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inpressive building with lovely surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful area and great photos ~ love the little ground hog ~Hugs ^

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an impressive looking building to do the people's justice.

    ReplyDelete