Thursday, September 3, 2026

Odds And Ends In The Capital City

I have some odds and ends from the last few weeks today and tomorrow. We start back on Canada Day. I stopped briefly by the Museum of Nature that day, and as I was leaving the property, these ominous clouds were presenting themselves. Within minutes, the first rain began, falling hard. 


A little while later, and a bus ride away, I took this photograph downtown up at the sky. Another round of rain would soon fall, and when I got home, the worst storm of the day came down late in the afternoon.


On another day, close to home. This sweet cat spends a good part of the day napping in front of her house.


Another furry critter. I've probably photographed this rabbit before; this is in the front yard of St. Matthew Anglican Church in the Glebe.


In Major's Park stands this work of art. Twist 1.5 is by Alex Wyse and Ken Guild, done in wood.


Back in the Glebe, this church is one I don't photograph often. Blessed Sacrament Parish is a Catholic church in the south side of the neighbourhood.


The Supreme Court of Canada late in the day- a masterpiece of Art Deco architecture.


One day when I went into Gatineau, I stopped to photograph these flowerboxes alongside the street. You may remember the tulips being in them. After the tulips are done blooming, they get replaced by flowers lasting the season into October.


Once more in the Glebe. The stump of an old tree is hidden beneath all this greenery.


One morning at Lansdowne Park I noticed this squirrel, who noticed me.


For today, I finish here downtown. This is a work in progress, a large mural on a building. It's since been completed, and looks beautiful.

14 comments: