I have some odds and ends from recent weeks today. In the second half of August, I was coming home late in the day, and these moody skies caught my eye.
St. Matthew's Anglican Church is in the Glebe, and regularly features here.
The Bank of Canada is Canada's central bank, a government Crown corporation, and lies across from Parliament Hill. The older building is partially wrapped up in the modern new building, an interesting visual mix.
Sunflowers grow well here in the later summer; these are found in the Glebe, where early in the morning I found bees at work.
I attended a CFL game at the end of August at Lansdowne Park, with the Redblacks hosting. The team has had an abysmal year, to say the least. I took this shot while walking about before the game, from the east staircase of the South Stands. The moody skies didn't end up in rain.
Down a flight of stairs and turning to the northeast gives us a view of the work in progress. The North Stands will get torn down in the second stage of this project and rebuilt. The arena, which is currently beneath the North Stands and still hosting hockey, basketball, and concerts, is being rebuilt here at the east side of the stadium. Things are coming along, with the rink taking shape, and the main concourse starting to form. There will be another level added over this, and the new building is expected to be done in the late fall of 2028. At that point the North Stands will be demolished, replaced by a tiered structure taking up less of a footprint. That's expected to go into 2030, with two condo towers going up behind the new stands.
Elsewhere in the Glebe, this relatively new mural caught my eye one evening.
On another night, close to Lansdowne, I was passing by on the pathway beside Queen Elizabeth Drive. I noticed a skunk busily digging in the grass between me and the construction perimeter on the property.













I love the Dalmatian mural and the sunflowers 🌻 💛
ReplyDeleteThat mural is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThat dog mural is super amazing
ReplyDeleteGreat photos, I love the mural and the sunflowers. Happy Friday, have a great day and a happy weekend.
ReplyDelete