In the first half of September, Ottawa Comiccon happened. I've been going for years, to pick up merchandise and to photograph. It takes place in a convention centre near the airport over three days. I came on the Sunday, and it was busy.
These swords are impressive.
These masks caught my eye.
Plenty of cosplayers are to be found, including this fellow from Star Wars.
There's a local Star Wars cosplay group that always participates in this event, and can be found in community events around the region on a regular basis. This was the most impressive Chewbacca costume I've seen.
I carried on.
More swords and axes. I was tempted, but where would you put them?
These were my favourite cosplayers of the event, a couple who came as Rogue and Gambit of the X-Men.
I'll leave off here, and pick up again tomorrow.















Those swords can do damage.
ReplyDeleteWould be a fun walkaround!
ReplyDeleteHa, some great photos here. I know that you are in to all this, so this must have been fun.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteFascinating. I've never seen an event like that around here.
ReplyDeleteYou must be in your glory there!
ReplyDeleteI've heard of these! My son may have gone, he used to like these. I haven't spoken to him for years, though.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun event and photos too ~ Hugs ^_^
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a really fun event. You had fun with your camera. Indiana Jones showed the way to dealing with an attacker with a sword.
ReplyDelete