A series of refrigerators down through time.
In the 1960s, the VW Beetle became very popular in suburbia.
More changes in time- tending your property.
These are relatively contemporary, being a decade and a half in age. They are easy bake ovens for kids.
An older dishwasher.
And an early VHS VCR.
The iMac from Apple, first generation.
And here we see the Roomba, which cleans your floors and serves as a moving throne for your cat to survey their kingdom.
A washer and dryer in one. I've only seen separate washers and dryers.
A throwback further to the past. An electric washer, but you'd still be doing half the job by hand.
The Museum has a stage area for practical demonstrations during the day. On this particular day the subject was the practical application of fire in science. The seating was filled.













Ooh, I love this exhibit. My mother had a wringer washer like the one in that photo. I love the old refrigerators for the colours.
ReplyDeleteThe washer and dryer in one is something I have never seen.
I have always liked the Volkswagen Beetle. I have never had a car, but I remember that the engine was in the back of it instead of the front. And wow. That cat could push through snow.
Car. Not cat LOL
DeleteI have a washer and drier, but it had a problem so now I have two machines. Also have roomba that I never use.
ReplyDeleteLovely! That brings back so many memories from our childhood.
ReplyDelete...a fabulous look back!
ReplyDeleteGadgets to make life easier!
ReplyDeleteA trip down memory lane, William.
ReplyDeleteAh suburbia ~ good series of items ~ favorite is the VW Beatle ~ had one just like it ~ lol ~ Hugs ^_^
ReplyDelete