Today we begin with River Thaw, by Clarence Gagnon, painted between 1908-13.
Snow, Canada was painted by James Wilson Morrice around 1905.
He also painted The End Of The Day, Beaupre, in 1897.
Saint-Anne-de-Beaupre, PQ is another Morrice painting, thought to be from 1924.
Here we have Winter, Beaupre, by Morrice, painted around 1892-1900.
Charlevoix was the region in which these works are drawn from, portraying a rural way of life that was starting to change.
The Valley In December is by Clarence Gagnon, and was painted around 1909-13.
The Red Sleigh, by Gagnon, is from 1924-25.
Here we have Laurentian Village, by Gagnon, dated to 1927.
The Yellow House is another work by Gagnon, dating to 1912-13.
Gagnon also painted Winter, Village Of Baie St. Paul, in 1909-11.
One last painting from this exhibit. The Train, Winter is by Gagnon, dating around 1914.















I love these old winter paintings.
ReplyDeleteMe too.
DeleteBeautiful snow paintings
ReplyDeleteThey are.
DeleteGreat works of art!
ReplyDelete...I always thought of Laurentian as a sky destination, now I can see why!
DeleteThey are wonderful.
DeleteLaurentian has many meanings.
DeleteThis has been a wonderful exhibit, William.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteVery beautiful paintings of winter landscapes.
ReplyDeleteIndeed.
DeleteThese are absolutely spectacular. And I don't even like winter!
ReplyDeleteI love winter.
DeleteLovely landscape paintings ~ Hugs ^_^
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteThose winter paintings by Gagnon along with Morrice are absolutely breathtaking! Seeing the River Thaw instantly makes me crave a cozy cabin getaway tucked deep inside the snowy Quebec countryside. I always adore early twentieth-century art since it captures that raw, chilly Canadian beauty so perfectly without feeling too harsh. The vintage charm of Beaupre feels incredibly peaceful too. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous masterpieces with us today.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteI like these very much.
ReplyDeleteMe top.
DeleteAwesome paintings. I've never seen them before.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
DeleteWonderful works by Morrice and Gagnon.
ReplyDeleteIndeed.
DeleteBeautiful painting, I like them all! Take care, have a great day!
ReplyDeleteThanks.
Delete