The cabinets here are full of curiosities of the Victorian era.
This painting is by Annabella McLeod, titled View Of The Ottawa River Looking Southeast Towards Parliament Hill and the Entrance of the Rideau Canal, painted in the 1880s.
Surgical methods of the era could be strange.
The 1860s saw the Confederation movement and the union of the Canadian colonies into one country as part of the British empire. While the Bytown Museum is by nature a local history museum, because this is the capital, part of its story is national in scope.
One of the most famous photographs of Canadian history- the Fathers of Confederation at the Charlottetown Conference of 1864.
Busts of two of the Fathers, and particularly driving forces of Confederation. John A. Macdonald and George-Etienne Cartier were co-premiers of the Canadas













I like Victoria Magazine. Some of the decor and the flowers I find quite appealing. Of course I am not fond of everything from this era. Interesting exhibit. Thank you for sharing, William.
ReplyDelete