The first day of each month is a theme day for members of City Daily Photo. For this month, that theme is Travel. See how others are interpreting this theme right here.
To begin with, this visitor had traveled a long way. I was downtown one day in July and noticed a car with Colorado plates. I don't recall the last time I've seen one; we're more likely to see New York, Vermont, or New Hampshire plates here.
In mid-August, I spent the day out and about, and dropped in at the main train station, which lies southeast of the core. I exited the LRT station, very close by the train station.
The current train station is in the modernist style, replacing the original train station, which now sees use as the Government Conference Centre.
The open waiting area within includes some display cases with model trains.
My other part of this theme took me to another travel location- the Macdonald Cartier International Airport, which lies south of the city. I took an LRT train, which goes right to the terminal. En route, it looked like I was in a wilderness. The trees are dense here between roadways, this train track, and the bus-only route. The sun was setting.
The airport has its origins stretching back to the 1920s, and has a history of civilian and military use, as well as regular transformations.
The current main terminal also has a modernist sensibility.
There is an inukshuk here.
It has a very open air sensibility.
It's been awhile since I've done any plane watching.














Wow, William! I thoroughly enjoyed this lovely tour via your beautiful photos! I do love trains! I don't travel but I enjoy seeing photos and videos of people who have visited anywhere in the world. And yes, I don't recall seeing any Colorado license plates here in Montreal, either! And we get many tourists from the U.S.
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot for sharing!
Fine entry, William
ReplyDelete