I continued my wanderings around the Byward Market during Nuit Blanche. This band caught my attention.
I took this panoramic shot from this corner.
And then I continued on my way.
There was more music to be found.
A look east. Note the Beavertails outlet. This is the Beavertails outlet, home of a fried pastry in the shape of a beaver's tail, and topped in various ways. A Canadian tradition.
The crowds were out and about, and I took several shots looking south in short order. The odd time in a crowd I feel a bit claustrophobic, but not on this occasion. I really needed this night. I've been having a rough go of it in the past few months with my depression, triggered by a situation at work, and being out here helped.
I looked back at the main market building. I wondered what the little dog thought of all this.
I took two shots of this pub. I've never been by for a meal, but should sometime.
My path took me a short walk away. This is Arts Court, a former 19th century courthouse that is now home to multiple arts organizations. It was busy participating in the day's events, including one of the embassies putting on a sauna out front- an odd thing, I thought. The building is lovely when lit up at night.














Wonderful night 🌙 shots.
ReplyDeleteIt should be a rite of passage for every Canadian to visit Ottawa and have a beaver tail!
ReplyDeleteThat's great, Loved the post.
ReplyDeleteLet the celebration continue with a Beaver Tail!
ReplyDeleteLooks very popular, a great event. Take care, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead.
ReplyDeleteSo many people wer out enjoying themselves, William.
ReplyDeleteFantastic crowd for this event.
ReplyDeleteFun night shots ~ Hugs ^_^
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos; it looks cozy.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful captures of all the action!
ReplyDelete