Monday, October 5, 2026

The Foul Mouthed Character

 Continuing where I left off yesterday, here's cinema's most foul-mouthed character, R2-D2, whose vocabulary is so obscene that his words are all bleeped out.


More cosplayers to be found.


I liked these tea towels.


There is a vendor I will always buy from, a local vendor, who does pop culture designs onto t-shirts. I have several of their work. This year I picked up a Predator shirt, and one with aliens abducting a cow.


Another vendor I went to is Thor's Trinkets, which uses a pop culture theme on glasses.


These cosplayers caught my eye.


And this was a costume set up in the hallway.


Among my purchases this year were items from two Canadian editorial cartoonists, who were sitting side by side. Michael De Adder and Aislin (Terry Mosher) are among the best there are in this line of work, and Michael recognized me from this blog. I have bought books before from both of them. I picked up two of his prints. A few days prior, he had put this one up online, commemorating the late Dolly Parton.


My other choice was also musical, but very Canadian. De Adder did this one after the death of Gord Downie, the lead singer of the Tragically Hip, who died in 2017 of a brain tumour. He created a Canadian flag consisting of lyrics from the band.


Terry Mosher goes by the nom de guerre Aislin in the Montreal Gazette, and I saw this in his social media feed some days before. There was no way the paper would publish this one given the language, but it sums up the feelings of many Canadians these days.


I also bought a book by Aislin on his memories of the 1976 Olympics.

11 comments:

  1. Mark Carney's grin has me laughing!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun event! Take care, Happy Monday. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sure draws a crowd. I am familiar with Michael De Adder and like his work, Aislin is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would have been fun browsing around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a fun time at the event, William.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun place and neat photos ~ Love R2D2 and Cp3o ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would enjoy going to one of those,I love seeing the costumes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so fun, it reminds me of a few that I've attended. They are a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These conventions allow people to dress up as their favorite character. I've always liked R2 D2, but I never wanted to be him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So that’s what the beeps mean!

    ReplyDelete