Saturday, June 15, 2024

At The Lake

It was time to switch out my seasonal header for something for the summer. This particular shot was taken at sunset last year from the Portage Bridge over the Ottawa River, with a rainbow over Parliament Hill. 

It is my habit to close out my Tulip Festival series with a return visit to Dow's Lake, biggest site in the area for the tulips. And so for the next few days, we'll have more to come. I started at the south end of Commissioners Park.












I took several shots from the ground.



24 comments:

  1. A wonderful new header with the rainbow over Parliament Hill..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be a metaphor for the sun setting on democracy around the world, given the tenor of the times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Dow's lake is a gorgeous neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful new header! The tulips are lovely. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 3rd photo is my favourite!
    Gorgeous header!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice new header. I like the houses in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome header photo and great series of tulip photos ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First shot is my favourite. Your new header is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your new header photo. The river looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you went from the overall setting to focus on the tulips alone in this post.

    ReplyDelete