Saturday, October 26, 2024

Autumn Glories

 It is time to begin a series on fall colours in the area. I begin back in September, where at Lansdowne Park I found fall colours on the far side of the south stands of the stadium.


This was in Major's Hill Park, where some of these trees get an early start.


This tree in Little Italy always turns red in the fall.


Here we have a couple of spots in the Glebe one morning.


This house in Centretown is one that I try to get a shot of in autumn.


Back to the same tree as in my first shot, but a few days later.


I took this shot in Major's Hill Park, with the Chateau Laurier in the background.


Here we get Parliament Hill in the background.


I set out one weekend morning to catch a shuttle bus into the Gatineau Hills. Near my destination, the trees on the property at the Canadian War Museum caught my eye.


On my side of the street, these autumn leaves were backlit by morning sun.

17 comments:

  1. So exotic to my tropical eye! Thank you William aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The strong orange colour is one we largely don't see here. Leaves here do change a bit in autumn, but your colours are actually vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of the splendor of colors. I went out yesterday with my photo buddy with the same goal. But unfortunately it remained cloudy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny here today. I'm about to go run some errands and may take some shots.

      Delete
  4. Love the pretty trees, the colors are lovely. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...enjoy your autumn colors while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the early fall colors show up well against the green leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always fun to see all the bright fall colors. Those colors are just perfect for photography.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely autumn photos ~ great colors ~ ^_^

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The yellows are really intense this year.

    ReplyDelete