Monday, October 21, 2024

ComicCon

 Early in September I took in Ottawa ComicCon, held in a convention centre near the airport. This event is a photographer's dream. At one table, items include things like a Deadpool knife holder, the Infinity Gauntlet, Thor's hammers, Tony Stark's arc reactor, a Terminator skull, and a Predator mask.


Or perhaps your choice of Lightsabers. 


The place was busy, with cosplayers here and there, a lot of merchandise on offer, and people enjoying the event. I come mostly for merchandise and the chance to take photos. I came away with a number of graphic novels, some prints from artists, and a book on the Montreal Expos from editorial cartoonist Terry Mosher, aka Aislin, who was present and signed the book for me. I thanked him for his work, which has made me smile and laugh many times- especially at times when I've needed it. He's the godfather of editorial cartoonists, the best there is.

Here it is at home.


The 501st Legion is a Star Wars cosplay group here in Ottawa, often attending events like this, and they were out in force. Along with them was this full sized R2-D2 droid, whirling about and catching a lot of attention, either alone or with others.


A TIE Fighter pilot was nearby, with a full scale tauntaun.


Another droid from the Star Wars lore. We'll pick up here tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to have a light saber. Too bad they aren't real. I thought there would be more people there in costume.

    ReplyDelete