Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Mixed Shots

I have some odds and ends for the next couple of days, taken over the last few weeks. In late August, I was passing by the Garden of the Provinces and Territories and saw a flock of Canada geese having lunch. 


They have a reputation for being cranky, but if you don't bother them, they're fine.


In the garden itself, these flowers caught my eye.


Sunflowers flourish here in August and September.


One night in September I used the zoom lens on my phone to catch the full Moon. It was a mostly clear night, with some wisps of cloud traveling across the sky, creating a different effect in these two shots.


These large raccoon sculptures are outside the Glebe Community Centre in the Glebe, by a local artist. I don't recall photographing them before, though they've been here for years.


This odd sign in Chinatown caught my eye. By fine arts, I'd assume reproductions of reproductions and not original works. The real paintings wouldn't be sold by an auction house that puts out this sort of signage. Well, maybe Warhol, but I don't consider his work to be art.


I finish today at Lansdowne Park, where this statue of two Olympic athletes is set up at the east side of the property, near the Rideau Canal. You may remember it when last I featured it, during the Tulip Festival. Different flowers spend the summer growing in this flowerbed around the statue.

No comments:

Post a Comment