Sunday, June 4, 2017

The Museum And The Rideau Canal

There are two flowerbeds out at the front of the Canadian Museum of Nature, and during May, tulips could be found there. These were of the Canada 150 variety. The Museum was first built as a memorial museum to Queen Victoria, and in its time has served as a temporary home to Parliament after the 1916 fire, as well as housed collections of natural artifacts and the collection that today comprises the Canadian Museum of History. These days it is exclusively about nature, and it's been quite awhile since I've last shown you inside. I took the opportunity while I was here to photograph around the Landscapes Of Canada Garden, which I'll show after I'm done with this series.


Leaving the vicinity of the Museum, I went over to the Rideau Canal, where flowerbeds can be found along the route bordering the Glebe area. The tulips were looking good.


I came up where the Canal passes by Lansdowne Park. There were formal flower beds, as well as tulips in the grass and among the trees nearby, no doubt stashed there by squirrels over the years. The largest of the beds here circles around a statue that was erected at the time of the Calgary Winter Olympics, with its view looking towards the Aberdeen Pavilion.

31 comments:

  1. Spring is looking truly glorious in Ottawa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vibrant colours. I like composition of the second picture very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tolle Bilder von den Tulpen schöne Farben.

    Noke

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful colours and beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...William, I've never seen some many tulips before, Ottawa needs to be on my to visit list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of those tulips look like peonies. Have a great Sunday, William.
    Time for some close ups.

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tulips!!! I don't know if I ever told you that I utterly ADORE tul--- oh wait, I did tell you :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the combination of purple and orange.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You Northerners really value flowers! Always such a pleasure to visit you, William. Thanks for EVERYTHING

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Kay: it is!

    @Klara: the colours were great this year.

    @Tomas: thank you.

    @Noke: thanks!

    @Sussi: thank you.

    @Tom: keep it in mind!

    @Janis: thanks!

    @Francisco: thank you.

    @Debs: tulips are meant to be adored.

    @Marleen: I do too.

    @Cloudia: you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. With all these tulips in full bloom all over the place, I will be spending more time outdoor to admire their beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess you can find tulips anywhere in Ottawa. You can certainly find them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, more gorgeous tulips. I love all the different colors. Lovely images. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those pesky squirrels have their very own flower bed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What??!! More Tulips---aren't they gone yet?? Just kidding
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Nancy: they are wonderful to look at.

    @Red: I know where to look!

    @Eileen: thank you!

    @Sharon: isn't that just like a squirrel?

    @MB: I actually photographed tulips yesterday during Doors Open, still in decent shape. Most of them are now gone, though. As for this series, I've still got posts scheduled until June 15th. Then I will be moving into Doors Open material.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful with colorful tulips there! Happy Sunday:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A tulip colour show that makes everything look grand. Very nice William.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your perspective here, William! Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The museum makes the perfect backdrop for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You really have a lot of tulips there. The colors in figs 4 and 5 are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That fourth photo really caught my eye. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like a part of Holland iis transfered to your country.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning displays! Love the contrast between the hard darkness of the sculptures and the soft colours of the tulips surrounding them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Spring has sprung, and it's a beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another lovely collection of photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Tamago: thank you!

    @Bill: thanks!

    @Linda: thank you!

    @Janey: it really does.

    @Mari: they do, yes.

    @Orvokki: I agree!

    @Norma: mine too!

    @SC: in a manner of speaking, yes.

    @Grace: I do as well.

    @Pat: it is indeed.

    @Blogoratti: definitely!

    @Jan: thank you.

    ReplyDelete