Saturday, December 23, 2023

Market

It was time for a new header for the blog, as we are now in winter. This one is from February and Winterlude, taken at Jacques Cartier Park. 

We come today to Lansdowne Park, where the farmer's market is indoors on Sundays over the winter in the Aberdeen Pavilion. Over the Christmas season, it goes to both Saturdays and Sundays, and the site also hosts a European style Christmas market, which wraps up today.


The farmer's market is year round, though they'll be taking a couple of weeks off after today and coming back in January. It's focused on local goods, with produce and food sharing space with artisans over the Christmas market period. I tend to come down through the year a couple of times a month, and among my usual takeaways are apple cider and jam.


A local artist makes these.


The market attracts dog walkers. 


A vendor had a model railroad running.


The afternoon person mug applies to me.


Musicians are pretty common through the year at the market, and at this time of year, it's Christmas music.


Two dogs were saying hello outside.


And it's out here on the north and east sides of the building that we find the European style Christmas market, which first started up in 2019. It's become popular. I'll show you it at night tomorrow.

52 comments:

  1. Covered markets are usually fun places in Finland too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your header, the market and those cute doggies.
    Have a safe and happy holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...this is a fabulous market, I would love to be there. ☃️ 🎄 ❄️ 🎅🏼

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least the Christmas music was played by real people and you didn’t have to endure the endless drone of shopping mall dross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. With sunlight streaming through the windows, it dazzles.

      Delete
  6. Wow on the new banner!
    Here it can get pretty cold, too, but the markets stay outside!
    One year (when I had lost my job) I went anyways and saw... fewer people buying, no surprise. I felt with those who stood in the cold trying to sell all morning till lunch!
    You have a better solution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ditched headers a long time ago and stick with plain vanilla now. 😊

    I always like to see the pavillion, however.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great building for a market.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a nice market.
    The two dogs in the end are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great market. There's lots of merchandise and people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ever since the last harvest of apples in NC, I've had fresh cider to drink. It's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The place I go to must have a cold storage, like my cousin did. They have it all year.

      Delete
  12. An indoor market is the best, lots to see and enjoy even the dogs can enjoy it as they look for treats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos of the Market and love the doggies ~ Merry Christmas to you ~ ^_^

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It would be fun to shop there. I love how that dog turned to give you a smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friendly dog. I may have photographed him or her before.

      Delete
  15. I like your new header photo. The market looks like a great place to walk and shop inside now that the weather has turned cold.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Toivon sinulle Hyvää Joulua.
    With love orvokki

    ReplyDelete
  17. En este tiempo de Navidad, los mercados son muy concurridos, por todos los productos que necesitamos en nuestra casa, para celebrar la fiesta de la Navidad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My brother settled in Canada many, many, years ago, and it was normal at this time of the year for there to be lots and lots of thick snow. Your photos show Canada looking sunny, bereft of snow, and possibly not too cold either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting more snow today. What we have on the ground isn't a lot right now.

      Delete
  19. I much prefer wide, well lit, well organised markets. Small shops are much more limited in their range of goods, more expensive and less fun for the customer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your new header photograph.
    This looks a good market to visit, nice selection of photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a market I would love to go to, and listen to the musicians. Great photos William!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like that scene and that building very much William. Thank you for bringing us along. I'd like some cider please. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks a good market and I like all the canine visitors too:)

    ReplyDelete