Friday, December 22, 2023

Noel

 Abbotsford House is a senior's community centre in the Glebe, across from Lansdowne Park. Its windows are usually decorated for Christmas.


This was in a hotel downtown.


I came across this display on the front porch of a house in Little Italy.


One night passing through the Glebe, I took these two storefront shots.


For reference, the mannequins are toddler sized. That is a very big bear.


Earlier this week I paid a visit to the Canadian Museum of History over in Gatineau. Their Christmas tree was up near the entrance.


On my way back, I popped in at the Byward Market, where the market building includes two wooden bears, decorated for the season.


I passed through the Rideau Centre, which uses Christmas balls, in silver and gold, as their primary decorating motif.


But there are also larger than life reindeer.


Their Christmas tree is a big one, but simply decorated with a topper ornament and red lights.


I passed through the National Arts Centre, also decorated for Christmas, and decided to pick up a ticket for a performance of Handel's Messiah. I have seen it before, but it's been years, and I attended a couple of nights ago.

48 comments:

  1. Surely so festive with these decorations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decorations, I love all the trees! Take care, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the lights and deco. Must go to the SC here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess that if you live in a seniors home the place gets bedecked for Christmas whether you want it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Rideau Centre is looking good, especially that big red tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing all the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of pretty decorations but my favorite is the wooden bears with their Santa hats on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found some huge decorations in Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are living in a very dark en wet period in the Netherlands, so all colors and lights are welcome these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the decorations look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Las ciudades se transforman, ofreciendo de noche un gran espectáculo de luz. Son las luces de la navidad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely decorations. Your photos are perfect for the season. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos of the gorgeous decorations for the Hollidays ~ love the bear and then the two bears ~ fun!

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty decorations! Love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the decorations look very nice.
    That is indeed a very big bear!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos and that head shot is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is looking so festive. I like the tree in the Museum:)

    ReplyDelete