Sunday, December 25, 2016

Wreaths And Lit Sanctuaries

Merry Christmas! I will be catching up after the weekend.

I have shots from three churches today for the occasion. Southminster United Church is a regular photo subject for me. I photographed it during the day, with the snowy evergreen off to the side of the main entrance giving a Christmas feel to the shot. I also photographed the Christmas lights outside that entrance at night, along with the lit windows from outside, with wreaths visible.


Dominion-Chalmers United Church is downtown, and it's one that I've never photographed in full. I was passing by one evening, and there were lights on in the church, including from what I recall is a side chapel. These five windows, showing Christ and the authors of the Gospels, were illuminated.


I finish with the wreaths and decorations on the doors and gate of St. Paul's-Eastern United Church in Sandy Hill, which I showed you during Doors Open.

27 comments:

  1. Such a pretty little church. Love the wreath decorations. And especially love the one featured in the last photo - so pretty with the white of the snow framing it. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Churce.
    And you have snow !!!! We don't have any, and so it's not like Christmas time feeling at all. I love your new header, it looks fantastic.
    I wish you Merry Christmas.
    Hyvää Joulua.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I wish you a very Merry Christmas, William. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fine festive post, William. Wishing you a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really iconic, William. I like the lighted windows

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stain glass windows fit nicely into Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo of churches and wreaths! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Schön das ihr Schnee habt wünsche Frohe Weihnacht.

    Noke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful series. Merry Christmas, William! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Gemma: that particular church is a beauty.

    @Orvokki: it is definitely a white Christmas.

    @Deb: thank you!

    @Lowell: thanks!

    @Cloudia: as did I.

    @Red: I had the same feeling.

    @Nancy: thank you.

    @Jackie: thanks!

    @Noke: thank you.

    @Linda: thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice series again, the last shot is my favorite today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love them at night ... so lovely!! happy Christmas to you William. ( :
    Merry Merry merry!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pictures, perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I've said it before, but I love your church photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Jan: thank you.

    @Kay: thanks!

    @Beth: rather lovely by night.

    @Linda: they felt right for the occasion.

    @Norma: I enjoy taking them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those shots of the windows at night are awesome.

    ReplyDelete