Friday, June 1, 2018

City Daily Photo Theme Day: Me

The first day of the month is a theme day for the members of City Daily Photo. For June, that theme happens to be Me. How are others interpreting this? Have a look right here

As I am busy here with my Tulip Festival series for a few more days, have a look at my writer's blog today for a post about Ottawa Race Weekend, the running event which took place here last weekend. And a reminder to those readers in the local area- Doors Open Ottawa is this weekend, with sites ranging across the city, including out in the rural outlying areas. 

For this theme, I start with a shot of myself taken in February during Winterlude. I came into Ottawa's City Hall one weekend day and found displays in the atrium from two national museums and several local ones. Included in all that was a pilot's seat from a military plane, courtesy of the Canada Aviation And Space Museum. One of the staffers manning the table display took a photograph of me in it.


As part of Canada 150 last year, there was an event held here downtown called Kontinuum, put on by a production company called Moment Factory. A multimedia show, it took place in a future LRT station beneath the city over the course of the summer. I came through on several occasions and enjoyed it Before going in, the visitor was given a card to use to scan their own image, which would also be incorporated into the show. That card contained a download code one could use on the website to retrieve their own image, either as a jpg or a gif. I downloaded a number of mine as stills before the site closed up at New Year's, and here they are, watermarked with the event name and featuring some colourful takes from my numerous visits.


This, meanwhile, dates back to Winterlude, where a trailer was set up in Confederation Park with items promoting the Black Panther film. That included the chance to get yourself photographed with T'Challa himself. A photographer took the shot, sent it off watermarked to your email, complete with the Panther right beside you- even though he wasn't physically present when I was standing there.


And I finish with a recent one, another movie tie-in. One of the shops at the Rideau Centre mall had a promotional display outside for the Star Wars film Solo. I thought it fit the theme quite well, so I sat down and had my picture taken.

49 comments:

  1. Of all the photos I found the "Captain Solo" the best!
    I like the "Star wars" series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of "Me's" to see. Funny photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Black Panther one is really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post, I enjoyed the photos. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very interesting series of photos. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...yes, you in many lights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a great idea for the theme day!

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  8. ... here I was expecting tulips.

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Ella: thanks!

    @Marianne: thank you.

    @Marleen: I thought so!

    @Eileen: thanks!

    @Mildred: thank you.

    @Tom: emphasis on many.

    @Janis: I thought so, and tulips return tomorrow.

    @Francisco: thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched Black Panther a few weeks ago William, I must have missed you ☺ Super fun series of me shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun! I have never thought of starting a month with a theme post, it's a good idea. Especially when it's all about the most important person of all, ME! Love the series of pictures, William. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very fun series of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, totally thought that was Patrick Stewart's character in X-men until I embiggened the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All wonderful and creative photos of you ~

    Happy Times to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't know you were a movie star! Fantastic. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So you are the main actor in the movie! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You found some interesting pieces of technology that allowed you to do cool things that would never have happened a short while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice, the scan card photos are wild. That must have been a lot of fun. They make for classy business cards.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Grace: my part must have been left on the cutting room floor. :)

    @DJan: thank you!

    @Mike: thanks!

    @Sandi: hah!

    @Carol: thanks!

    @Sharon: I could do a passable Picard or Charles Xavier... but I'd more likely be a Lex Luthor!

    @Nancy: thank you!

    @Red: technology changes!

    @Maywyn: they do!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun series of "ME" shots, William !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cool, William. So many fun shots
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, how cool is this! Only you could pull it off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool game of "Where's William!"

    ReplyDelete
  24. Quite a good series of ME! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. How cool are these?!? I had no idea you traveled in such famous circles.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cool series of photos William.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I read all the comments. Your people have spoken! You are revered, your reverence, for a fun and most interesting post! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The many faces of 'Me'. What a brill collection. I found the Continuum ones a bit spooky. favourite is your starring role in Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  29. @Karl: thank you!

    @MB: thanks!

    @Susan: thank you!

    @Cloudia: some of me is in the Matrix! :)

    @RedPat: I enjoyed this theme.

    @Kay: who'd have thought?

    @Denise: thank you!

    @Lowell: thanks!

    @Fun60: during my Kontinuum posts last year, I likened the idea of digital scans to something out of the Matrix.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Interesting photos! I’ll watch for you in the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing what they can do these days. But the most I like you sitting in a real pilot's seat. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  32. There for a second, I thought you were in some kind of new fangled wheelchair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. I'm not at all afraid to make an X-Men joke, either.

      Delete
  33. now that is cool. i love the Star Wars stuff. always a fan ... miss the old ones though. ( :
    happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like them all but really like the Kontinuum shots.

    ReplyDelete
  35. So creative! But of course we should expect no less from you.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great 'me' photos. The first one scared me, though. Through my early-morning haze, I thought you were in a wheelchair.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I thought so too ! But then I read the post !

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a fantastic take on this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looking at all those shots, you are a very colourful person. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. For a minute there, I thought you were trying to impersonate Dr. Evil in that first shot!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So lovely to see these photographs.
    Isn't that last one great!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  42. @Marie: I must have been Panicky Idiot #2.

    @Dina: it was one of those spur of the moment things I just came across.

    @Barbara: thank you!

    @Mari: it looks that way.

    @Mark: I've seen a couple of X-Men and Picard references!

    @Beth: thanks!

    @Helen: Kontinuum was a lot of fun.

    @Linda: and yet I took not one of these shots!

    @Pat: it looks that way. It occurs to me that I tend to pose the same way.

    @Gattina: it was quite a chair.

    @Jackie: thanks!

    @Jan: thank you.

    @Norma: hah!

    @Jan: thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the photo, William! It's great (and fun to sit in the chair too, I'll bet!) And the Kontinum ones are really interesting. I don't understand technology but I think it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete