Saturday, July 25, 2020

Museum Flowers

I do spend most of my time in Ottawa, but the city of Gatineau lies on the Quebec side of the Ottawa River, and it is here, above the shoreline, that we find one of the national museums, the Canadian Museum of History, with its marvelous architecture by Douglas Cardinal. I came in May, because there are tulip beds to be found here. The exhibition wing can be seen behind them, with the landmarks of the Chateau Laurier and Parliament Hill out across the river.


This bed is alongside the curatorial wing of the museum. We'll pick up here tomorrow.

21 comments:

  1. Culture and flowers. Perfect Saturday 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see all those gorgeous tulips,William!
    Wonderful pictures! Have a great weekend!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tulips enhance the fine architecture beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...they belong in an art museum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    The museum and tulips are beautiful. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots of architecture and flowers...both are really beautiful. I'm thrilled to see purple toned flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way the tulip bed follows the curves of the building.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your first photo too, nicely composed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos and I do love your header shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was amazing to see even more colorful blooms and in the header photo as well. I'm running out of superlatives to describe their beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Cloudia: I agree.

    @Dimi: thank you.

    @Rosemary: they do.

    @Tom: I think so.

    @Eileen: thanks!

    @Barbara: me too.

    @Marie: thanks!

    @RedPat: so do I.

    @Sharon: I agree.

    @Bill: thank you!

    @Denise: thanks!

    @Beatrice: more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That red and yellow bed is a beautiful tulip bed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous 🌷's William, love the background in first shot ✨

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's hard to imagine tulip beds not looking splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have the most beautiful flowers in Ottawa/Gatineau. I always enjoy seeing them.

    ReplyDelete