Tuesday, May 10, 2022

From Dusk Until Dawn

Today I have some sunrise and sunset shots from over the winter. I start with this shot taken near dusk in Dundonald Park downtown on a January evening.


This shot taken early in the morning was at Lansdowne Park, with the Aberdeen Pavilion in the background.


Dundonald Park, this time at dawn.


One evening a couple of days later I was on my way home and took this shot. The Laurentian Centre was once the home of J.R. Booth, the timber baron who left a big legacy behind. Today it is home to students in an internship program for Trinity Western University.


A few blocks away and a few minutes later, the last light of day.


This shot, taken in Centretown on an early February evening, gives us the last light of the day.


A few days later, another evening sky in the same neighbourhood.


And that same evening, the sky as it was in Central Park in the Glebe.


A few days beyond that, this was the view early one morning over the stadium at Lansdowne.


And some days beyond that, an evening view in the Glebe neighbourhood.


My last shot is an early morning view in Dundonald Park, perhaps a half hour or so past dawn the morning after the above shot. Sunlight was touching the tops of the trees, which had seen hoarfrost during the night, coating the trees in white. It's something we occasionally see here.

32 comments:

  1. I'm guessing the days are starting to get slightly longer for you there, you'll be glad to be in Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty winter pictures ! I think by the time we are in winter you will show us summer photos ?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stadium shot is spectacular, as are the first and third photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twilight always yields some interesting photos and these are no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Amy: days are getting longer. It's just past five as I write this and the first hint of dawn is starting to show.

    @Italiafinlandia: very much so.

    @Magiceye: thank you.

    @Gattina: each year my first fresh post in January features dawn shots. Some of those already start in the summer.

    @Francisco: thanks.

    @Gemel: I agree.

    @John: indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful series! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The daily waxing and waning of the political baffelgab in Ottawa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I have to say I´m so glad the days are long now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...two of my favorite time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is something about city shots at either sunrise or sunset, in that dusky light, that just capture my heart and take me away to a new place. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Eileen: thanks.

    @David: always plenty of that.

    @Iris: I'll miss the winter.

    @Anvilcloud: a lot of it.

    @Tom: they are fine times of the day.

    @Janey: thank you.

    @Jeanie: me too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blue of the sky is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As well as great sunsets, you also have your favorite...lots of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Great series of sunrise and sunset shots ~ awesome ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy our winter I think is over although we're moving right into summer, skipping spring, but as much as I'm over winter for now, these photos are lovely. What a fun place (this street) that you live in. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful skies. Wonderful shots, William.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love seeing the glow on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great captures of the beautifu skies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me gusta mucho las fotografías del anochecer y estas son muy bellas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @RedPat: I think so.

    @Red: no shortage of it.

    @Carol: thank you.

    @Karen: today here is warm.

    @Sandi: thanks.

    @Sharon: me too.

    @Bill: thank you.

    @Marie: it is.

    @Ventana: thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love where street lamps are great balls of light.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the photo of the stadium in the darkness..

    ReplyDelete
  23. All beautiful sunrises and sunsets are magical aren’t they!

    ReplyDelete