Tuesday, January 3, 2023

The Dawn Rises Upon The Brand New Year

As I end the year with sunsets, I feature my first post of new material for the year to have sunrises. I begin back with these two views last June at Lansdowne Park, first on the hill at the east end of the stadium.


And then on the west side of the stadium.


In early July, I took this shot one morning.


A day or two later close to home in Centretown, the morning sky above Dundonald Park caught my eye.


Later in July one morning I was back at Lansdowne, and this shot was taken at the east end of the property.


A few minutes later, this is how things looked from the west side of the stadium.


This early August shot was taken at Dundonald Park.


In early September, back at Lansdowne, I was around on three different days for different dawns. The first was with the Aberdeen Pavilion in the background.


And these were looking at the stadium field from the west.


One November day brought snow. This was taken at first light in Dundonald Park.


And in December one day, the Rideau Canal was starting its freeze up when I was here early one morning. I first photographed the rising sun from one side of the Mackenzie King Bridge.


Then I went to the other side of the bridge and photographed the sunlight on buildings off to the northwest: Parliament Hill and the National Arts Centre on the west side and the Government Conference Centre and the Chateau Laurier on the east side.

52 comments:

  1. The best time of day to be up and about - in my far-from-humble opinion. Your photos seem to back up my statement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am of the opinion that the best time of day is the two hours before dawn.

      Delete
  2. Nice series again, William. I especially like the stadium photos, with the last one as a promising highlight for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stadium is a good spot for dawn shots. Mind you, this time of year the sun's relative position at dawn is over the south stands.

      Delete
  3. It's very difficult to see the difference between sunrise and sunset ! With me it's always sunset, because I am still in bed to watch a sunrise ! Nice pictures !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Early morning is not my favourite time of day...I like to sleep. 😉😄

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...keep enjoying the sunrises!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunrise is a very special time of the day most people miss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful collection of sky photos!
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that Canadian flag in the header…perfect capture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some nice photos. The second stadium photo stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are wonderful! A great collection. (ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I rarely see it as there are many trees and buildings in my way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to go to Dundonald Park for one good spot, but even then, there are going to be trees in the way. Lansdowne is ideal for dawn shots.

      Delete
  12. You have some interesting year long shots all on the same theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I start with the idea in the summer if I'm out and about early.

      Delete
  13. magnificent sun rise photos to brighten our days ~

    Wishing yoiu good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great series, William.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm rarely awake for a sunrise so it's lovely to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love early mornings too. These skies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy and Healthy New Year, William! Your sunrise photos are inspirational. A new day, a new year, and new opportunities to live a good and grateful life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous skies! The cloud formations are pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  19. fourth from the bottom is my favourite, very vibrant

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful sunrises.
    All of your photographs you've shared here are beautiful.

    Enjoy your January days.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great shots! You found some dramatic clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The third photo is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete