Monday, May 13, 2024

Festival

 Today I begin my series on the Canadian Tulip Festival here in Ottawa and Gatineau. Early this month I came to Major's Hill Park, where the tulips were just starting to show in some beds, and further along in others. I start at the statue commemorating Colonel John By, the military engineer who led the building of the Rideau Canal and who is considered the founder of Ottawa. He has a flowerbed around him, and extending behind.


Last year tulips were added in this nearby bed, and they are back again.


They are radiant.


From here, the Colonel is in the distance, looking out over his Canal to Parliament Hill.


The north end of the park has large flowerbeds as well- Notre Dame and the American embassy can be seen in the background.


While the National Gallery of Canada is in the background for this one.

36 comments:

  1. Oh this is fabulous! These photos make me feel wonderful. Thank you, William

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing we will see a lot of tulips for the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Ottawa is in its spring glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tulips looks beautiful! Take care, have a great day and a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since the tulips lie far behind us, I am in other moods now.
    Wishing you a wonderful time and I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondered how they were this year! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! The tulip festival begins in Ottawa when the Keukenhof tulip festival ends in Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the many different tulip varieties found on parliament hill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always look forward to your tulip posts! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tulips ~ great photos ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tulpen sind immer schön bei uns sind schon die Rosen soweit.
    Gruß
    Noke

    ReplyDelete
  12. An interesting collection of red orange tulips...I think the camera is probably true to the color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe that I missed this post yesterday. It is good to see all the flowers, William.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy seeing your coverage of the tulip festival.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete