Monday, May 6, 2024

The First Colours Of Spring

 I always look forward to seeing these tiny flowers, the first colours of spring. These are scilla, which appear here in mid April for a few days. I took these two shots while passing by the Garden Of The Provinces and Territories.


Another place I know them to be is in Central Park in the Glebe, where they grow among rocks and tree roots on a shady slope in the park. I passed by one evening and started taking pictures.


I struck up a conversation with a fellow up where I took the above shot, and by the time I took more shots, I was losing the light. 

36 comments:

  1. We are more or less at the same level here in Finland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have them just outise my cellar door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring flowers everywhere bring great joy.,

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to see nature is coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, those little spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...they can be prolific little beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tulips can’t be far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first flowers of Spring, are a welcome sight to see! Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always so nice to see them in spring, William.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Surprising how dense the growth is. And to think that for the remainder of the year , these little plants are ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures. We have the first variety in the garden, but it has long since finished flowering here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely flowers of spring ~ great color too ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A sure sign that spring is coming to your region . . . finally. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing spring flowers. They always look so fresh and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely to see.
    I do like the Spring season.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete