Friday, May 19, 2017

Tulip Central

Confederation Park also has tulips blooming in the flowerbeds at the moment, and some of them are arranged around this totem pole. I took the shots here about a week ago.


Just up Elgin Street is the National Arts Centre, where these tulips can be found in planters on the traffic island dividing the street. I'll be featuring these again from another angle in my next update post for the NAC, since I took shots there as well that day.


And a little further up is the National War Memorial, where tulips are to be found in the flowerbeds and the planters at the south end of the terrace. The Memorial is the heart of what is referred to as Confederation Square.


Moving over to the west side of Elgin, the Langevin Block stands at the intersection with Wellington Street. Here, this view of the Peace Tower includes the planters filled with tulips. The Langevin Block has the distinction of being the only Parliamentary block not being on Parliament Hill itself, which officially starts on the north side of Wellington. It houses the offices and staff of the Prime Minister. Tomorrow we'll have a look at the tulips on Parliament Hill itself at the moment.

28 comments:

  1. I especially love the totem pole and your last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you have more tulips in Ottawa as in our country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't get enough of these tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely show of tulips. And just imagine all the gardening work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...what a fabulous city that you live in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totems, tulips & bronze monuments help us realize the diversity of Ottawa!

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picture #5 is my favourite. Good perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Linda: thanks!

    @Francisco: thank you.

    @Marianne: we have many.

    @Pat: neither can I.

    @Halcyon: it would be a lot of work.

    @Tom: I love it here.

    @Janis: indeed.

    @Klara: thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there a place without tulips, William ?
    Another nice series !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love all the tulips ! The totem pole is cool and the memorial is lovely, great park!

    Have a happy day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a tulip bonanza William, looks wonderful. Excellent compositions with the National War Memorial, my favourite Ottowa sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that totem pole! And the red tulips especially!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never see any yellow tulips in Ottawa. I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Karl: when you factor in private gardens, I doubt there's a neighbourhood here that doesn't have some.

    @Eileen: it's a marvelous park to spend time in.

    @Grace: I enjoy getting up the Memorial as often as I do.

    @Lowell: so do I!

    @Red: I've got more yellow tulips to come. I tend to think of them as gold more than yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the totem pole .. great combo ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  16. The totem pole is awesome. I love the way you composed the last photo, very nice. Just follow the tulips, they're everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great title...says it all. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this time of year but to be fair, I love each season.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Sharon: so do I.

    @Beth: it is.

    @Bill: thanks!

    @RedPat: indeed.

    @Lauren: thank you.

    @Whisk: it's a great time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is official. Everyone likes that totem pole. Beautiful tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tulips are wonderful flowers, and when they are so many together, it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous! Love all your photos but the one with the totem pole really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Lois: I do too.

    @Mari: thanks!

    @Orvokki: it does.

    @Norma: that's what it is.

    @Denise: it is impressive.

    ReplyDelete