Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Daytime

A reminder for members of City Daily Photo: the theme day for the first of March is Municipal Building. I expect many of us are going to be featuring city and town halls- I know I am. And for those who were inquiring about a video of the Spectrum installation, I was able to get a couple of videos of it. Check them out here and here. Yes, that's me whistling to get the lights going.

The ice sculptures at Winterlude are probably most dramatic lit up at night, but I wanted to show what they're like in daylight too. Here we start with the CBC sign.


And that winged bench nearby.


I took more perspectives of the Louis Riel sculpture.


Here we have that sculpture from yesterday's post, when it was lit in green. It still feels abstract, but has the look of perhaps an owl... or perhaps a Viking.


Three smaller sculptures are close by.

39 comments:

  1. ...they look great, but I must say that enjoy the colored lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are also beautiful in broad daylight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially the Louis Riel sculpture is beautiful in daylioght.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, pretty sculptures. I like the wings? Wishing you a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sculptures are tha riel thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will never have this kind of talent. I can barely slice cucumber straight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially love that winged bench. But they are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look lovely in the light of day William.. enjoyed the videos ✨

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems easier to make out the details in the daylight, William.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun to see these beautiful sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Tom: I like both.

    @Ella: they are.

    @Jan: yes it is.

    @Eileen: thanks!

    @Anvilcloud: a good play on words!

    @David: I don't have the talent.

    @DJan: yes they are.

    @Grace: thank you!

    @RedPat: quite true!

    @Sharon: it is, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always impressed by these ice sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the ice sculptures, although the bench looks like a really cold place to sit. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shivering, just looking at these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ice sculptures are truly amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The skill and artistry are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Red: it is.

    @Revrunner: true!

    @Denise: me too.

    @Mari: thank you.

    @Eve: it is cold!

    @Happyone: I agree.

    @Catarina: they are.

    @Jennifer: indeed.

    @Catalyst: very much so.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would only have seen them in daylight, so thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. William - I have great admiration for those who create ice sculptures. Thanks for documenting their talent!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I like them better in daylight than night though the colors are certainly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have to say I'll miss this ice sculpture series when it's over. The photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The daytime lighting makes the ice look extra cold:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are equally impressive in the daytime ~ but different ~

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  24. … and they are also beautiful in the daylight.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing they are whether lit up or not.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The ice sculptures seem to be getting more intricate each year.

    ReplyDelete