Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Inspiration

Continuing where I left off yesterday, this is a bronze, The Self-Made Man, by Alfred Laliberte, done in 1926.


Inspiration is the title of this 1904 bronze by Louis-Philippe Hebert, a self portrait with the artist accompanied by a winged figure whispering ideas into his ear.


Another work by Hebert: the 1916 bronze Dollard des Ormaux, with its central figure being Adam Dollard des Ormaux, a historical figure from the time of the Post-Contact Wars.


Back into the main corridors of the galleries I went. Robert Harris painted A Meeting Of The School Trustees in 1885.


This is The Flood Gate, circa 1900-01, by Homer Watson.



The display case at the heart of this room contains works by a husband and wife pair, the Haida artists Charles and Isabella Edenshaw, very much representative of their tribal roots.

26 comments:

  1. Inspiration is quite well represented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These bronze statues look fantastic. The expressions are so real. One can sense the emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear I have little people whispering in my ear all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The statues are beautiful and I love the Totem on the last photo. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...art can be an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These bronze pieces are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Italiafinlandia: indeed.

    @roentare: I agree.

    @David: hah!

    @Eileen: thanks.

    @Tom: definitely.

    @Iris: very much so.

    @Marie: they are indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful sculptures and paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Meeting of the School Trustees almost looks like a photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful bronze sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome bronze sculptures ~ wow! such talent ~ and love the First Nation totem ~

    Wishing you lots of good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting exhibit. Strange Hebert sculpture. Not sure I'd take to having a winged creature crawling on my back. The last 2 photos are fantastic! The spectators have a Munch vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Inspiration. There are some great pieces there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some brilliant pieces here William.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I like the paintings best. But then, I usually do!

    ReplyDelete