Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Changing Seasons Along The Ottawa River

It has been my tradition once a month to come out to a viewing platform where the Alexandra Bridge starts to cross the Ottawa River over to Gatineau, and document the view over time. That view includes the Chateau Laurier, Rideau Canal, and Parliament Hill to the south of this location.

I start with a view from early in April of last year, when the ice below the river was just starting to break up. When it goes, it goes quickly.


This shot was taken in mid-May in what started as a rainy day but was clearing up when I was here. Most of the trees had leafed out.


This was taken one day in the second half of June.


I came back on a breezy Canada Day.


Here it was in early August.


And here was how things were in early September.


On a fall day in the first half of October, during an extended walk, I stopped by again.


In the latter half of November, I was back here, after some snow.


I took this a couple of days before Christmas Eve, en route to the Canadian Museum of History.


Late in January, I came here on a sunny day.


And concluding this post, taken a few days ago on a cold snowy day. Looking down at the slope, I saw some fallen trees, a nod that the treeline had changed from my first shot to my last in more than one way.

48 comments:

  1. Time runs even faster when I visit your blog (nice scenes, though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veo la evolución de la imagen, según la estación del año y de la luz que entra en ellas.
    Interesante trabajo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Beautiful views, great series! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...the seasons may change, but there are always cranes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, the scenery and the palace in the background.


    You can say it's not a palace, but it's a palace! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such fun to see the changes in this series, William.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I notice in the 1st photo that there was still a lot of ice around in April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but once it goes, it goes. My aim is to take early month shots in March and April.

      Delete
  8. I like the photo posts which show parts of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the difference in light through the year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing the changes. Well documented, William.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful seasonal shota of the awesome river ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, this is so beautiful. I love the fall scene with the yellow tree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an interesting study to follow the same spot from the same view regularly. I love seeing the change.

    ReplyDelete
  14. a super series of photos William, wishing May was here, too cold and snowy for me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love seeing the changes of the seasons.

    ReplyDelete