Sunday, January 28, 2024

The Heart Of The Congregation

 St. Onuphrius is always a spot in the Museum I must stop to take in. The details are amazing, and even as a museum artifact, the church has a life of its own.


You can walk around it outside, with exhibits on the surrounding walls that curve around the church.


Immigrants came to settle the West. It was a hard life to live. Some made a life of it, and others gave up.


Schooling in the West was deemed important- both at the local level and at the governmental level. One-room schoolhouses were typical of the era.

34 comments:

  1. The church has a subtle charm, the colour pallet is unique and energetic

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...a simple building has such elaborate decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonita zona, para admirar el arte de las iglesias.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful church and closeups of the details. Take care, have a great day and a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suspect if I were to visit this museum, I would spend a great deal of time in this area and in this church. Your photos are terrific. It's so very beautiful -- yet simple, too. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful little church that seems to exude a special atmosphere

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you stopped there again. I love seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely church ~ great photos ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I know about those one room rural schools. I spent 9 years in one and my first year teaching was in a one room rural school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this place. Thanks for showing it, William.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty church. Love the emphasis on education.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow the inside of the church looks elaborate with it's paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful Church.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete