Saturday, January 6, 2024

Odds And Ends In The National Capital

I have some odds and ends today, taken from the last few weeks. One day in October, I was at Lansdowne Park, where this antique fire truck was found.


The reason for it being here- a charity fire truck pull.


At the end of October I had reason to be at the RA Centre, an athletic facility south of the downtown core. Paintings inside caught my eye.


In early November, en route to the War Museum, I took this shot of the Dominican University College, a graduate institute focusing on theological studies.


Coming back, I noticed a cat looking out from a windowsill. I took some shots of this supreme being.


Later in November, I was at Lansdowne Park one night. I took a shot of the Orion constellation in the sky.


Elsewhere in the Glebe, an eyeglasses shop has this in their front window.


I've been monitoring the progress of Adisoke, the future home of the main branch of the Ottawa Public Library at Lebreton Flats. The building will also house some space for Library and Archives Canada, and is coming along nicely. This was from mid-December.


I passed by again on Christmas Eve.


A few days earlier, I had gone into Gatineau to pay a visit to the Canadian Museum of History. The architecture of these buildings caught my eye.


Coming back, I took this shot in Major's Hill Park, looking towards Parliament Hill and across the Rideau Canal.


And these were taken a couple of days ago, on a rare blue sky day downtown. I've featured them before, but it's been quite awhile. The murals face each other across an empty lot on Bank Street. The ghost sign in the second shot dates to the 19th century.

46 comments:

  1. So enjoyable. Look! A cat!
    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scenes. The truck pull looks like a good workout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The funny Mona Lisa pics are great

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy interesting architecture you show, and murals too. But the cat! Great find! She is definitely aware of you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...the murals and ghost sign caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aside from the downtown area, I am not terribly familiar with Ottawa, so Dominican University College is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tucked away just to the north of Chinatown, on part of the same bluff that makes up Parliament Hill.

      Delete
  7. the mural of the girl is incredible

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shots of the cat taken through the grasses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice variety, I like the paintings and mural. The cute kitty in the window. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a nice walk about town, William.

    ReplyDelete
  11. El gato mira curioso al exterior y aprovechas bien el momento, para sacarlo del anonimato.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that the cat looks like he notices you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fine series of photos from your walks. I do like the old fire trucks. They look to be in excellent condition. And the cat looking out the window is another good series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great series of photos, William. Love the cat in the window, great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed these pictures. The cat and the Mona Lisa made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great variety of neat photos ~ favorite, of course, is the cat in the window ~ great shot!

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those old vehicles are so neat and the cat is so nosey watching what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great selection of photographs.
    I did like the antique fire truck and the cat you spotted.

    Hope you've had an enjoyable weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always love your odds and ends (especially the cat in the window!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoyed this series of photos, thanks William!

    ReplyDelete