Sunday, February 25, 2024

Colourful

Picking up where I left off yesterday, more of this colourful tunnel along Sparks Street.


More colours, with this translucent installation and the balls swirling inside, constantly changing colours.


Moving along, I've always liked this particular building, a former bank. I wonder what its next iteration will be. Likely government offices.


Evidence of things to come- ice blocks. I had wondered about the state of the ice sculptures from the first weekend, or if a second set of ice sculptures had been erected. These were cordoned off.


I continued on.


I leave off today with Wazaakone Woodland Bears at night.

34 comments:

  1. That tunnel is so neat! Good pictures. The bank building would make a really nice cafe with art studios on the upper floors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos. I like the colors. They give another dimension to buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors and lights at night are lovely. Take care, have a wonderful day and happy new week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the architecture of the old bank looks impressive. After all, that is what the columns were for. But the four colours add a new element that was unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Ottawa showcases its best in a beautiful light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what beauty lies hidden in those blocks of ice?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creative use of light and ice. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colored light is a form of magic. You need a video to capture some of the drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No video this year, but I'll keep it in mind for next year.

      Delete
  9. Are there fewer ice sculptures this year? Weather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally, yes. I suspect it's more likely due to setting. I really wish they'd change locations.

      Delete
  10. The colored lights certainly allow for more and much different creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots of light show ~ favorite is the former bank building with multi colors ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A plethora of colours. I do like the closer images of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the building in the rainbow colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are lovely images. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete