Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Light

 More from where I left off yesterday.


Along the way, something unexpected. Teeter totters are something that one doesn't see often these days. These are a bit more spruced up than the ones we might have grown up with. The centre core that's lit up on each is filled with liquid- or liquids, with the darker portion being the heavier- and shifting back and forth as the teeter totter goes up and down.


Another site along the way.


And here we are- the ice sculptures at night, with shifting lights changing colours.

32 comments:

  1. Beautiful sculpture and lights! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up calling them see-saws., but I seem to usually call them teeter-totters now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had one on the property when I grew up. Along with a big swing set.

      Delete
  3. ...I call them see-saws and teeter-totters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teeter totters are quite something. I’d love to try those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the teeter totters, William.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting how on the see saws they use a very simple principle to make a piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember teeter totters! Wow. Blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ice sculpture are beautiful as ever, but I like the surprise of those Teeter totters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found light a many different colors. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Fantastic light shows and great photos ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ice sculptures are marvelous!
    We call the teeter totters see saws.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore your Winter Fairs. Each year they are so different and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The teeter totters are see-saws to me :)

    Everything looks amazing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. The places you visit always look so colourful, we need more colour here at night.

    ReplyDelete