Monday, February 26, 2024

Rideau Canal

I took these on a beautiful morning earlier in the month. No skaters on the ice, but the Canal looked outstanding in the dawn as I came to the Flora Bridge, a pedestrian bridge linking the Glebe to Old Ottawa East.


A few days later, but the same location, and another beautiful dawn.


On the last evening of Winterlude, I was able to get onto the ice itself, and we'll start looking at that today. I started at the Bank Street Bridge.


I have absolutely no idea why my phone did this, but I liked these two shots taken under the bridge arches.


The structure at left is the south stands at Lansdowne Park. People had taken to the ice, some walking like me, but most skating.

38 comments:

  1. Beautiful sun rise over the canal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two first photos looks amazing. I can't help you with the phone issue as I only work with real cameras, but you probably already know that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a camera at home, but prefer the convenience of a phone.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful skies and I love the view of the canal. Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...William, fabulous views. I recently discovered that I could take black and white on my iPhone too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially the first images during sunrise are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see photos (very nice ones) of the river frozen enough for walking/skating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad too. I was worried I'd missed out on a chance to get out there.

      Delete
  7. The ice didn't last for long this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos of the ice both with and without skaters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd forgotten that the canal was that wide. It would be nice to just get on the ice and keep on skating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a beautiful place and awesome night photos of the canal ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. I liked this visit at night. It had the right mood.

      Delete
  12. Those are beautiful sunrise shots. William! Glad you got your stroll on the ice. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree, the Canal looked outstanding in the dawn, great photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sky photos, that river is going to be thawed out soon.

    ReplyDelete