This is really the last part of Lansdowne that the OSEG bandits got right- pretty much because they were forbidden to tamper with it. The Aberdeen Pavilion was built as the crown jewel of Lansdowne Park, an exhibition hall nicknamed the Cattle Castle. Dating back to 1898, it is the last surviving Canadian hall of what was once a common Victorian style. It also once hosted hockey games, and is in fact the oldest surviving venue in which the Stanley Cup was ever contested.
This view from the east takes in one of the two entrances along its length. As much as OSEG swore that the sightlines to the Pavilion would not be hindered or infringed upon, that oath was worthless, as taking in the view from Bank Street on the west side of Lansdowne, the Pavilion is crowded by the big box store architecture to one side, and the expanded arena and stadium to the other. Of course, since OSEG's entire "we swear, we're doing the right thing for the community" mantra has been shown to be of no value, that's not a surprise.
Still, the Aberdeen remains a real jewel, and along with the nearby Horticulture Building a pleasant distraction from all the crap OSEG has added onto the site. While those greedy bastards may have ruined a lot of this place, they didn't finish it all off.