Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Along The River

Picking up where I left off yesterday,  I photographed across the Rideau Canal.


This view includes the National Gallery and Nepean Point above the river. At present, there is work going on at Nepean Point, with a complete reconfiguration of the ampitheatre. The statue of Champlain that tops the Point has been moved for the time being.


I stated walking along the path that follows the river, heading upstream.


This caught my eye.


And here's the staircase heading up the side of Parliament Hill.


These bushes along the path caught my eye with their red fall colours.


As I followed the path, I would look back again for colours along the Hill.


A close up of some of the trees here.


Here we have a view over to Richmond Landing and Victoria Island beyond it. The Navy Monument is the white structure at left. The Ottawa River comes through this area in a set of channels among islands, crossed by the Portage Bridge. The ruins of an old mill are on the island.


Here in the Richmond Landing area, I looked up towards Library and Archives Canada at the top of the hill.


And this is my last fall shot taken, with this channel of the Ottawa River. The presence of man has had its influence here; upstream from here is a pumping station and the channel beyond that seems to be man-made, with this area looking somewhat more natural. It felt fitting to have this as the last shot of my fall series.

25 comments:

  1. That was a beautiful walk. So nice to be able to enjoy the beautiful colours around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the autumn colors!
    Very nice photos, William!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Last" means it´s all gone? Here some still have leaves, but most are naked and it´s pretty cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last shot is wonderful with those beautiful fall colours and the streaming water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    Gorgeous views of the river and fall colors. Beautiful series of photos.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually, at this time of year we would be planning a trip to Ottawa, but no such luck with COVID still rampaging. Maybe before next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful fall colors once again. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is lovely.
    I remember living in Nepean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been a fine series, William.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last one is my favourite. Beautiful view!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good walk gives you some great photo opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Cloudia: thank you!

    @Nancy: thanks!

    @Ella: I love them too.

    @Iris: yes, it's all gone now.

    @Jan: I think so as well.

    @Lady Fi: that they were.

    @Agnieszka: thank you.

    @Eileen: thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @David: there's always next year.

    @DJan: you're welcome.

    @Jennifer: thank you!

    @Tom: that's true.

    @Sharon: definitely.

    @RedPat: it has been a pleasure to show.

    @Marleen: thank you!

    @Red: quite true.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another lovely stroll. That is quite a staircase up the hill. I wouldn't be able to use it. Impressive though. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seems you love to walk around in this place !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Creative composition and colors ~ great buildings too ^_^

    Live with love each moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning. Such beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was about to ask if you had any ice up there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely invigorating walk. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Bill: thank you!

    @Mari: I have to try it again sometime, but I doubt over the course of the winter.

    @Gattina: I do get a lot of walking in here.

    @Carol: thank you!

    @Gemel: thanks!

    @Revrunner: I have noticed ice on the Canal today, but much too thin for anything but a bird to walk on.

    @Magiceye: you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete