Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Fall At Its Peak

 This view of Parliament Hill was taken from the staircase leading down to the terrace beside the Chateau Laurier. Fall colours were in full on the slope leading down to the side of the Rideau Canal. The building in the foreground is the lockmaster station.


Further along, on the terrace, I took this shot that included the Bytown Museum.


And then I went into Major's Hill Park for another view.


Further in the park I looked back towards the Chateau.


And then I went back to the fence to get this shot of the Hill and the Ottawa River.


Fall colours in close up make for a good shot.


I looked towards Notre Dame. The flowerbeds were in the process of having tulip bulbs placed when I was here. A close eye might make out the National Peacekeeping Monument, framed in red. I headed that way.


And here it is. The bushes that ring around the monument were all turned to red.


Here's a close up of them.


I carried on, photographing this tree outside Notre Dame.


And this tree beside a wall at the back of the church property.


Back in Centretown, I photographed this wall of ivy in fall colours.


For today I finish off with this view of the slope beneath Parliament Hill. I returned here a few days later for a walk along the river, a reverse of the visit I showed some days ago. This was the first shot of that trip. Tomorrow I'll show you the rest of that walk to finish off my fall colours series.

30 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    The trees are all gorgeous, love the colors.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was certainly a dull day, but some of the photos turned out well enough regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect those trees are mere skeletons now, but they will soon have a fine coat of winter snow, just waiting to burst onto the stage as debutantes again next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that header and the other photos of Parliament Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful fall colors. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those close-up shots are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some beautiful pics that day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice caption. I like the last two photos with all kinds of leaf litter and the red creeper climbing up the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @John: thanks!

    @Italiafinlandia: you're welcome.

    @Iris: quite so.

    @Eileen: thanks!

    @Anvilcloud: we do seem to get a lot of grey days.

    @Marianne: quite a lot of it.

    @David: they will.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Marie: thank you!

    @Tom: it does indeed.

    @DJan: you're welcome.

    @Sharon: thanks!

    @RedPat: I did.

    @Red: me too.

    @Karl: thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Fall photos around the city. Pretty and vibrant changing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and vibrant colours everywhere.
    Great photos, William.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely variety of fall colours William.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you have a pedometer? How many miles a day?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful shots of the show nature has put up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful photos of the changing colours in the trees:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Denise: thanks!

    @Bill: thank you.

    @Orvokki: indeed.

    @Rosemary: there was a lot.

    @Revrunner: definitely.

    @Joanne: no, but I get in a lot of walking.

    @Magiceye: we're lucky here to get good fall colours.

    @Cloudia: a good way to put it.

    @Rosie: thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The museum seriously fits in with the scenery, it looks so old worldly.

    ReplyDelete