Saturday, January 23, 2021

Museum Views

Covid restrictions required a different path than I usually take when I visit the Museum of Nature. The three remaining galleries I took the stairs to get to, and I'll actually be presenting them in reverse order of my actual visits (I like finishing this series with fossils). Down on the ground floor of the museum, where one can usually buy tickets (it was online when I visited), a large half sphere was set up with a reflection of the atrium above, including Gaia


Nearby is a display panel identifying the artist behind both works hanging in the museum.


I took two shots of the stairs heading up from here.


And another view of Gaia, with Australia coming around. I'll share more takes on this for a theme day in April, which appropriately is about the Earth.


Out in the Queens Lantern I caught another look at the Moon.


I took shots of panels about the building itself before moving along to the next gallery.

30 comments:

  1. The Moon large like that must be amazing to see in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love big moons ! Unfortunately can't read anything of the texts you made a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Facebook gave me a reminder-pic yesterday - we had our stuff packed to go to Perth, Australia 2019.
    A rather sad pic for me, hence - we´d be on the way now, too. But I love the moon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first picture is very effective, giving a modern take on the traditional architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Maywyn: it is.

    @Gattina: thank you.

    @Jan: me too.

    @Iris: hopefully next year.

    @John: I thought so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The museum has beautiful stairways and interesting to see the big moons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like these museum renditions very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...I haven't ventured into a museum yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That self portrait in the first shot is rather interesting...you behind the camera. I like that staircase...it immediately reminded me of being a school age girl for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They have really done a great job with the exhibits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome display of Gaia and the Moon ~ creative photos

    Moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They sure give the visitors lots of info!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the view of Gaia, it's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This museum is so beautifully designed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome place to visit. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Nancy: thank you.

    @Marie: I did too.

    @Magiceye: very much so.

    @DJan: me too.

    @Tom: I hope they reopen here again soon, but can't see it happening for a month.

    @Barbara: it felt appropriate to take that shot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Marleen: I agree.

    @David: that they have.

    @Carol: thank you.

    @RedPat: they do indeed.

    @Bill: I think so too.

    @Jeanie: it definitely is.

    @Mari: thank you.

    @Cloudia: thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photos, we saw a similar moon a couple of years ago when the display visited locally. It's wonderful to see:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. William, some great shots! I particularly love the one with the light panels. Great perspective.

    eden

    ReplyDelete