Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Mixture

 I have odds and ends today. Late in March and late in the day, I was at Lansdowne Park and took this shot of the stadium from the east.

Then I turned and photographed the Aberdeen Pavilion.

At the beginning of April I was out in Westboro. All Saints Anglican and First United Churches operate from here.


Its neighbour looks like a church, but started as a town hall. Today it is a seniors centre.


Heading home I passed through the Hintonburg neighbourhood and photographed the St. Francis of Assisi church.


Central Park in the Glebe can be counted on to have scilla in April. This small plant flowers in shady spots in the park with a cheerful blue.


St. Giles Presbyterian Church in the Glebe changed out their front display some weeks ago for this Eleventh Commandment.


May is a time of tree and bush blossoms here. This is in the Glebe.


Some friends have given me the welcome nickname Bruce Willis. Which explains this neck gaiter with one of his character catch phrases. I photographed both sides.

39 comments:

  1. As always love your photo and the sweet little blue flowers.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly like the St Francis of Assisi church, though the spire looks as though it was something of an afterthought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your odds and ends form an agreeable collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @parsnip: thanks.

    @John: perhaps a bit.

    @Francisco: thank you.

    @Gemel: I did too.

    @David: thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...St. Giles Presbyterian Church is spot on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    Beautiful churches and lovely flowers. I like the Covid/vaccinate sign.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are lovely little flowers, and I like that old townhall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blues in that second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your odds and ends. That's a really good Eleventh Commandment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing how turning and shifting affects the light as your first two photos illustrate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You spotted some lovely churches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. St. Francis of Assisi church is impressive. I like the 11th commandment. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sky is gorgeous in that second shot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That one does look like a church or maybe an old school.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Tom: it is.

    @Eileen: thanks.

    @Jan: so do I.

    @Marie: me too.

    @DJan: it fits.

    @Anvilcloud: my timing was good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Magiceye: thanks.

    @RedPat: I like them.

    @Nancy: thank you.

    @Sharon: it is.

    @Happyone: true.

    @Maywyn: me too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the Presbyterian Church sign.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your first couple of pics reminded me of this classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPgnj5upihQ. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sign from the church is the very best! And very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful 'carpets' of scillas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do like the sky in your second photograph.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Agnieszka: thanks.

    @Bas: thank you.

    @Bill: me too.

    @Revrunner: I can see that.

    @Jeanie: that it is.

    @Klara: I think so.

    @Jan: so do I.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I ask unvaccinated people, whose grandmother hope to infect.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like these odds and ends, William!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great series of photos ~ great sign outside the church ~ Xo

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can see someone has a sense of humour with that sign, always good to have a laugh once in a while

    ReplyDelete
  27. The photo of the Pavilion is wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete