Friday, March 10, 2023

Winterlude Sightings

 The large hourglasses again drew my eye when I passed by.


What is typical at Winterlude- an ice surface that can be covered by passersby in small ice blocks with food colouring- this year pink and blue.


Another of the street signs caught my eye.


Here we have the mososaur ice sculpture that I showed you early on in the series. It held up reasonably well after a couple of weeks of exposure to the elements.


A bit less so, but still in one piece, this sculpture done for Doctors Without Borders, which had gone quite opaque by the last weekend of Winterlude.


These flowers had survived too.


I showed you this sculpture during my first go around. This time I stepped inside it.


And I finish today with this. The sculpture had to do with the carvings of faces found inside the Parliament Buildings. It was opaque by the last weekend of the event, but still standing.

48 comments:

  1. Doctors Without Borders is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one which you stepped inside - very striking bit of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day after day the sculptures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The change in opacity is interesting, but it’s good they last as long as they do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ice sculptures held up quite well really!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    The ice sculptures are looking beautiful! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is certainly a lot to see in this winter celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much to see! That hourglass is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that metal sculpture is fantastic. Thank you for taking the inside photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sculpture of the flowers lasted really well. I like that metal sculpture too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Someday someone will come up with something to make the ice stay clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting them in shelters would work wonders. I don't know why the organizers have stopped doing that.

      Delete
  12. I find it fascinating to see how wind and weather slowly take hold of those sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! ~ Again ~ such beauty in these 'winter works' and a touch of color is lovely ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The metal sculpture is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These sculptures wouldn't last long here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful! More amazing sculptures and an intriguing statue. You document them beautifully William!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all amazing pieces. I do like the hourglass.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The hour glass is unusual and the face sculpture too. The ice sculptures have lasted well:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stepping inside is so cool! (Perhaps I should’ve used a different word, but puns are OK right?)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow incredible talent along with such a mix of creativity! Awesome time!

    ReplyDelete