Thursday, August 3, 2023

Looking At An Underground Realm

 The cave inside the Earth Gallery is quite an experience.


I departed from the gallery en route to the next one, stopping along the way to photograph in the Queens Lantern, in regards to the history of the building. The Lantern replaced the original stone tower, which had been found to be unstable and had been required to be removed.


A look up again at the Moon.


There are stories of hauntings in the building.


I end today with this shot looking down from this level inside the Lantern, where the staircases cross each other in interesting ways.

40 comments:

  1. I would love to explore the cave, thank you for sharing. The last pic... uh-oh.... I feel very "haunted" by my fear of heights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a bit spooky down there, your cave photos are very atmospheric. Super exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was a Canadian ghost that is where I would want to hang. William. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I particularly enjoy the steps in the last image

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cave looks good. And after all the Cave of Lascaux in France, that you be visited, is also no more than a replica of the real cave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine the real cave is too delicate to allow for visitors.

      Delete
  6. Nice cave exhibit. I like the moon and the views of the museum. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...Mother Nature's air conditioned space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cave experience in such a setting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cave would be the big highlight for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't mind caves but tunnels give me the creeps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That 'cave' would be interesting to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exploring caves is not really my forte...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would explore the caves, they are filled with mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He bajado a tres cuevas distintas, de las que hay por diversas partes de mi país.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous recreations of caverns.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The view down to the staircases is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Awesome caves and photos ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete