Saturday, March 15, 2014

Championship Material

I don't usually post twice in a day, but I'll be starting a series next week, and it seemed best to post this sooner instead of later. Last weekend, the Carleton Ravens won their tenth national basketball championship against the crosstown University of Ottawa Gee-Gees, in a tournament played here. Another team pic will have to be mounted on the wall beside the other nine. The men's team is our showcase team.


There have been other championships this year for the athletics department, and these banners hang near the Raven's Nest.


The CIS trophy belongs again to the Ravens, and for the moment is on display at the reception desk here in the athletics precinct. I'm reflected in the top of the trophy.



12 comments:

  1. What a great post! As you know, we're enjoying lots of great basketball in Greensboro. Love the way you're reflected in the top of the trophy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Great post. Love basketball all the time! Neat reflection! Yes, I have used a lot of exclamation marks, but basketball gets me excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Now why don't I recognise you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. School pride, I see!

    Even though basketball is St. Louis University's main game, I've never liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tex: they did good!

    Greensboro: thanks!

    Mari: it does look good.

    Lynette: I figured!

    Ciel: I tend to be elusive in photos.

    Norma: it isn't my game either, but when your home team routinely manhandles every team in the country, it becomes something to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is it that I think you're somehow connected to Carleton and the Ravens? Did you play? Do you play now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Ravens beat up the Bee Gees!!!!?

    Oh. Gee Gees.

    Never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! The local university here (and my alma mater), Florida State University, won the BCS National Championship in football this past season. Our quarterback, Jameis Winston, also won the Heisman Trophy. You have reminded me that I need to get over there and get some pics of those trophies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Lowell: I've never played the game. My athletic exertions tend to lean towards cross country skiing, swimming, and mountain climbing.

    @MB: why not have a bit of school pride?

    @Cheryl: I have no idea what the Gee Gee means. But beating up the Bee Gees wouldn't be that hard.

    @Lois: you should snap shots!

    ReplyDelete