Sunday, June 5, 2022

Taking A Stroll Along Sussex Drive

One day during the Tulip Festival I took a walk up along Sussex Drive, headed for Green Island. Along the way I noticed these tulips outside the Global Centre For Pluralism. This is an organization started by the Aga Khan. The building itself was the former headquarters of the Canadian War Museum. 


Its neighbour is the Royal Canadian Mint, and these tulips were along the edge of the property.


A short walk along, I got a view of the Ottawa River, and Gatineau beyond, with lilacs in the foreground.


The parkland on and around Green Island was my destination. On the east shore of the Rideau River where it splits into two branches and meets the Ottawa River, I know there are tulips to be found. This shore is part of the New Edinburgh neighbourhood, and aside from the parkland, there's a restaurant and facilities for the Royal Canadian Geographical Society at this spot.


And there's something else. The Rideau River spills over into the Ottawa River as the Rideau Falls. This is the east branch, with Green Island beyond.


And this is the west branch, with a current of silt visible. These were actually the last shots I took during the Tulip Festival, but I have more to come.

32 comments:

  1. Lovely scenes! I wish I could hear the falls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely. I agree with Linda - would be nice to hear the falls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are an awesome number of tulips in your city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you composed the top photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cloudia: thank you.

    @Linda: the falls have a good roar.

    @Klara: it's a good spot for a visit.

    @Joan: we have a lot.

    @Stefan: thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An organization dedicated to pluralism seems like a very good idea to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers and I love the waterfall. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And what a beautiful stroll that was too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like a gorgeous day. what fun, enjoy those bright happy colors!! enjoy those last few moments of our weekends. they fly by so quickly. take care. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...pluralism sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Today I really choose the waterfalls, after all I can't see those at home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely post today. Soothing to my soul, William.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fine walk. The yellow tulips make a very nice showing. It would be nice to visit those falls sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waterfalls and tulips...lots to like.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the name Global Center for Pluralism. I will have to look up what that actually means! And beautiful pix as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @David: it's a good cause.

    @Eileen: thank you.

    @John: they are.

    @Gemel: very much so.

    @Beth: thank you.

    @Tom: I agree.

    @Jan: that's true.

    @magiceye: thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @RedPat: thank you.

    @anvilcloud: I like those falls.

    @Sharon: definitely.

    @Marie: indeed.

    @Nicole: thanks.

    @Jeanie: thank you.

    @Maywyn: it was.

    @Joanne: I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful waterfall and tulip photos ~ favorite are the waterfalls ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful walk along the Ottawa River. The waterfalls are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ... and what a lovely stroll.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. The waterfall is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete