Friday, June 3, 2022

Tulip Blooms In A Variety Of Locales

 After leaving the Rideau Centre in yesterday's post, I passed by Confederation Park, where tulips, many of them of the Canada 150 variety, grow among other plants in the flowerbeds.


On another day I was passing by the Civic campus of the Ottawa Hospital, and these caught my eye.


When I was finished taking the formal shots for my theme day post, I took more shots along the south side of Wellington Street, focusing on the planters with their colourful tulips, and featuring Parliament in the background.


The roadway led me to take a right, and framed this shot looking back at Parliament Hill.


Across the street is the National War Memorial. I leave off with this shot, with more from here tomorrow.

28 comments:

  1. The Wellington Street-pics are my favs. It must be a pleasure to live there - in the warm half of the year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those yellow and red tulips are quite extravagant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tulips are even blooming along my street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tulips, I like the colors. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Iris: but also in the cold half!

    @Jan: yes they are.

    @Francisco: thanks.

    @David: they're all over.

    @Eileen: thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...the color flows through out Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like those white with red streaks ones the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The multicoloureds are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to say that I'm a huge fan of those orange and yellow tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those tulips lining the street are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely series of floral shots ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those close-ups really show them to their very best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Necesitará una temperatura específica y una buena tierra, de donde sacar su alimento.
    Feliz fin de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy the Tulips planted and blooming all over. So many Tulips, Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delightful displays. I always enjoy each and every photo, but I do like the tiny blossom petals surrounding the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They brighten up every spot they are planted in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Tom: it does.

    @Marie: me too.

    @RedPat: they stand out.

    @Magiceye: definitely.

    @Revrunner: I like them.

    @Sharon: I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Carol: thank you.

    @Jeanie: they do.

    @Ventana: thanks.

    @Parsnip: lots of them.

    @Denise: as do I.

    @Amy: that they do.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven’t had a chance to comment until now but always love your tulip series!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The colours of the tulips are just fantastic.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful tulips. Hugs orvokki.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That first photo is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete