Monday, May 29, 2023

Colours Alongside The Path

 Looking back at where I left off yesterday. I'd picked up some fudge from the vendor in the distance, and then more in my next visit. As I recall, they're from the area, off to the southwest of the city.


The largest of the standalone beds was looking a bit bare from this side.


But within, rich reds and yellows.


Across the path from it, lots of shades of purples in these tulips.


There's a raised circular bed here. The tulips would be at their peak in this bed during my last visit. It was a mix of yellow-orange and some of the Canada 150 tulips.


Alongside part of the bed are a series of panels about the history of the festival, which goes back to the Second World War and the liberation of the Netherlands by Canadian soldiers. We'll carry on here tomorrow.

42 comments:

  1. It is a magnificent bloom here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The amount of coloured flowerbeds seams to be endless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Fudge and tulips, both sound great to me. Love the beautiful tulips. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a photo and sent it off to a friend. His reply back was, "you bastard".

      Delete
  4. ...the color keeps flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could get behind some of that fudge too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the bright yellow ones really set a cheerful tone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those purple and white ones are my favorite in this group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As the tulip season winds down things look a little ragged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, but when I took these, we weren't at peak yet.

      Delete
  9. Love the purple and white, a beautiful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i won't do it ...pick a favorite color that is. lol!! gorgeous!! so pretty. have a great week. take care. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colors 'along the path' ~ photographic delight ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bien planeado los colores, para que se vea a lo largo del camino, esas bellas flores.

    ReplyDelete
  13. William - love the beds with the purple - my favorite color! And fudge along the way - decadent! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fudge and flowers! Great combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tulips are marvellous, but FUDGE! I haven't had it in ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure their home base is out your way. It was good.

      Delete
  16. Lovely colors. I had to switch to Chrome browser because Safari was acting up. Then chrome said that your page was in Spanish and did I want to translate it!

    ReplyDelete