Thursday, May 18, 2023

Floral

I have probably taken my final tulip photos for the year, but there'll be plenty to come here in the blog. To those readers in the area, the tulips at Dow's Lake were still in good shape yesterday, and the festival wraps up on Monday for Victoria Day.

Starting today, I have tulips from various spots around the city. These beds were found outside the Lord Elgin Hotel downtown.


While these are in various gardens. This one is in Little Italy, near the big flowerbeds at Dow's Lake.


Outside a flowershop in Centretown, appropriately enough, they have an informal garden that includes tulips.


More home gardens.


Here we have a bed outside an office building downtown.


And I finish today in the Glebe. In the north end of the neighbourhood is a church where flowerbeds include tulips this time of year. We'll carry on here tomorrow.

52 comments:

  1. Beautiful tulips in their different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many fancy tulips around these days, but you still can't beat the plain reds or yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tulips even in street corners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aparecen en muchas jardineras y alegran mucho la vista, por sus bonitos colores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I love the ones that open wide with the black centers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone seems to get into the spirit of the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cheerful vibe the tulips give.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don’t photograph tulips to your extent, but I am also probably done for the season. I got a few, and that satisfies me sufficiently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got pretty much those areas I wanted to cover done.

      Delete
  9. So happy to see those charming flowers all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the pretty tulips! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so nice to come upon a little patch in the middle of nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely array of colorful tulips ~ great shots ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the little patch gardens in the first two photos. I like how they planted different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like that the flower shop has a little garden in front. That's charming.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are all beautiful, but yellow tulips are smile makers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Precioso y colorido reportaje, saludos desde el norte de España.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope my bulbs flower as well as these in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorites are the orange and red tulips. Fiery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing these beautiful tulips.
    All of your photographs here, and on previous posts, have been a delight to see.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Delicious to the eye forwards and backwards, William!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous photos, what a beautiful area to wander about!

    ReplyDelete