Thursday, June 1, 2023

City Daily Photo Theme Day: Smile

 The first day of the month is a theme day for members of City Daily Photo, and for June, that theme is Smile. Check out other takes on that theme right here .

I am in the midst of an extended series on the Canadian Tulip Festival, which was held here in Ottawa and Gatineau in May. I shoot enough photos over the course of a couple of weeks or so to last me well into June. The biggest single site is Commissioners Park at Dow's Lake, which is where I'd left off yesterday. Tulips certainly seem to be the source of smiles for my readers.


These two dogs caught my eye; one closed in too quickly for me to get it in frame, while the other seemed to be smiling.


The tulips drew me on.


Across the path, another bed.

50 comments:

  1. The tulips are truly wonderful to see

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it when dogs come up and say hi, they are much better than people

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shot of the cute dogs with the crossing lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...tulips certainly make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love teh tulips and the cute smiling doggies. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flowers and dogs is not a bad combination on a morning walk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos do brighten up the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you see a lot of smiles there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first photo brought a smile this morning! Mission accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tulips have certainly made me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They have developed many varieties of tulips as you show in your first photos. Always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and smile-making - even for the dog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tulips bring out the smiles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Se ven buenos detalles, en la fotografía número 1, en la que has hecho un buen acercamiento-

    ReplyDelete
  15. All those beautiful blooms are sure to make anyone smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Smiling away here! Love that first bed with the multiple petaled yellow, red and violet flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the doggies checking out the lay of the tulip world ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of my most favorite things to do is stop and say hello to the critters I meet along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also fell in love with the tulips in your photos.
    Hugs and greetings from Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those fluffy ones are really stunning. And the dogs are pretty cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Loved seeing the pups too.

    ReplyDelete