Saturday, June 3, 2023

Walking Along The Floral Pathway

 I begin today with two different takes of the same spot.


I decided to try another filter for a second shot.


These are a delight to see, even though they don't last long. But with the amount of photos I take of them, they last longer than they do.


The next bed over drew me on.


And it's getting right down on the ground to get the muscari in the foreground, looking up at the tulips.


This particular bed was unveiled by Queen Juliana of the Netherlands in 1967, and dedicated in memory of her after her death in 2004.


One last shot from Commissioners Park with a less formal planting. But we'll be back here to close out the Tulip Festival series.

36 comments:

  1. ...Ottawa is a floral delight in spring time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see it for real. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors look lovely together, beautiful flowers! Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muscari are among my favourites. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good shots. Great experimentation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The city must be a bit drab when the tulips are gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a time, but now other flowers are coming out.

      Delete
  7. I love the grape hyacinth around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These last few beds look a little ragged. I guess less maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew if I wanted to see the lovely and incredible beauty of tulips it would be right here. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots of these beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so lovely! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! what a lovely floral path to walk and photograph ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your tulip time with us William. Very uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photographs of these beautiful flowers.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got call your work out taking these shots! Good for you William

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful. I liked the shot where you used the filter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I decided a little experimentation was called for.

      Delete