Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Autumn In The Capital

 I departed from the shuttle at the Canadian Museum of History and took some shots that I showed you in a post before I started this fall series. Then I headed around the east side of the curatorial wing of the museum. These caught my eye.


I headed back across the river and into Ottawa. In Major's Hill Park, I stopped to photograph the statue of Colonel John By. The flowerbeds around and behind the statue would soon be changed, the summer plantings removed and the tulip bulbs put in for over the winter.


Bright autumn colours hide the Chateau Laurier.


The following day I was en route to Westboro. These trees at the Tunney's Pasture station caught my eye.


In Westboro is this lovely church that's home to two congregations: All Saints Anglican and First United Churches. I was by here again a few days ago and the leaves were down. The door we see here was open, and I got a shot inside the sanctuary- which was a surprise. Every time I've seen this one I've thought the sanctuary runs parallel to the roadway behind me. It does not; I spoke with a pastor. The main church is directly ahead of me, dating to the 1950s, while the original church is now a chapel, over to the left, and dates from the mid-19th century. The blending of the two feels seamless looking from the outside. I'll likely post that interior shot for my Christmas Day post down the line.


Another day I was in Little Italy. This is the tree I showed you a couple of times in my first fall post. Now it was in its full colours.


Not far away, these were showing off.


These shots were taken at a park in Centretown.


And this was taken in Lowertown.

38 comments:

  1. Autumn is beautiful in the capital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours in the trees are breathtaking, there is also a softness about the leaves as they turn. I always found autumn a gentle season in the northern hemisphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, we don't have this many great fall colours around my residence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors, love all the colorful trees. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than to see all those autumn colours against a clear blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...Ottawa put on a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Catarina: it does get that way.

    @roentare: thanks!

    @Gemel: it certainly is.

    @Jan: we tend to get good colours.

    @Eileen: thank you.

    @David: it was a good fall.

    @Fun60: indeed.

    @Tom: definitely.

    @Marie: it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Autumn has been grand this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Awesome autumn photography ~ gorgeous colors ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your day,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours of the trees are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous color, William. That red wall, especially, is such a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Lovely colours and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now it is getting pretty bleak, but we've had some good weather.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think fall is just way too short!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mother Nature gives her best to say good bye for the year...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful sights here, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete